Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, TDC’s Morning Announcements gives you the rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we’ve done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
NBA Date: 10/15/2019 as reported by Joe Tevelowitz
Aced the Evening
- Carsen Edwards (BOS) hits eight threes in the first six minutes of the second half, finishes 9-of-15 from three with 30 points in 21 minutes played
- Tremont Waters (BOS) adds 24 points and 7 assists in Celtics 118-95 win over Cavs
- KAT (MIN) claws come out with Harden-like step-back three as part of 33/10 night
- Robert Covington (MIN) grabs 19 boards over Pacers in T-Wolves 119-111 win
Quirks of the Night
- Norvel Pelle (PHI) impresses with 13 points, 4 rebounds, 5 blocks in 12 minutes
- Matisse Thybulle (PHI) adds 3 steals, 2 blocks, 6 rebounds in 76ers 20-point win
- D. Wade (CLE) who went 3-for-3 with 6 points was rookie Dean, not retired Dwyane.
- Larry Nance Jr. (CLE) 17 minutes, one lonely point, and a -16 for the game
- Tacko Fall (BOS) had a less than celebratory Tuesday with 4 turnovers in 18 minutes
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- Kevin Durant (BKN) uses Winona Ryder-confusion GIF in response to graph, comes around on use of analytics when shown James Harden’s mid-range percentage drop. But the tweet that generated all the headlines:
Who the fuck wants to look at graphs while having a hoop convo?— Kevin Durant (@KDTrey5) October 15, 2019
- LA Clippers “City” jerseys divide fans — good, bad or “Grand Theft Auto”?