Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, TDC’s Morning Announcements gives you the rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we’ve done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
Basketball Date: 10/16/19 as reported by Sam Johnson
Aced the Evening
- James Harden – Who drops 40-10-7 in the preseason? It’s just preseason James…
- Marvin Bagley asserts himself nicely with a 30 point, 10 board game. Slight demerit due to the fact that he was facing Melbourne, but impressive nonetheless
- Dejounte Murray (SAS) balls out for 20 points on just 11 shots, while letting Harden know about a nice 1v1 defensive stop
- Malik Monk perhaps showed hints of that 2017 draft upside buzz by dropping an 18-7-3 line with 0 TOs in just 22 minutes
Quirks of the Night
Not MarShonBrooks scored 30 points and chipped in a tidy 0 assists and 0 rebounds, a feat which has only been done twice per in the past ten years and not since 2014 (Jodie Meeks gettin’ buckets) (per Basketball Reference)
- Load management? RJ Barrett plays 39(!) minutes in a preseason game #TheKnicks
- Russell Westbrook’s fingers – he dislocated a couple of fingers in Wednesday’s loss to the Spurs (he should be fine)
- The Warriors sans Curry – “Oh, how the tables have turned” albeit preseason, was thoroughly outmatched even with Draymond and D’Angelo getting some real minutes as they fell to the Lakers by 33
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- LeBron threw a ridiculous one-handed-over-his-shoulder-behind-his-head dime to Danny Green for a corner 3 in transition amidst two defenders
- Trae Young had a (Curry-esque) gorgeous finish to the 3rd quarter as he raced down the floor and drained a crossover 34 footer at the buzzer with an outstretched hand in his face