Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, the TDC’s Morning Announcements gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. Today’s Announcements are a special edition as there were no games last night but a slew of extensions handed out across the league.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 10/21/2019 as reported by Sam Johnson, video by Jerin Varghese
Aced the Evening
- Jaylen Brown– Secures a 4yr-103M (115M w/bonuses) contract extension with the Boston Celtics
- Buddy Hield – Lands a 4yr-86M (106M w/bonuses) contract extension just a few days after telling Vlade show me the money
- Domantas Sabonis – Scores a 4yr-74.9M (85M w/bonuses) extension with the Indiana Pacers cementing the Turner-Sabonis frontline for years to come
- Dejounte Murray – Locks up a 4yr-64M fully guaranteed extension with San Antonio. The Spurs social media team was there to capture the exact moment the pen hit the paper
Quirks of the Night
- The Memphis Grizzlies approach opening day without a single player on the active roster (Iguodala not likely to ever play) born before 1990
- Sadly there were no games played – something that won’t be true for the next 6 months (save for All-Star weekend)!
On the Horizon
- OPENING NIGHT – Games that matter are so back. Sit back and enjoy NOP-TOR and LAL-LAC on TNT tonight
- Speed – If the preseason is to be believed, we are in for blistering paces this season as 20 teams played at a 105 pace or higher – ATL led the league last season at 104.5
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- The_DraftClass had the NBA community abuzz with the brilliant video below. Well played @_andrewnorthern
- Steph Curry’s Hall of Fame candidacy was questioned by Michael Jordan – safe to say reasonable minds disagreed