Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, the TDC’s Morning Announcements gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 10/25/2019 as reported by Sam Shin, video by Jerin Varghese
Aced the Evening
- Karl-Anthony Towns stung the Hornets, posting an absurd 37 PTS (13/18 FG), 15 REBS, 8 ASTS, 4 STLS, and 2 BLKS in just 28 MINS. It’s only been a two-game sample size, but oh my…
- Zach LaVine led the Bulls in a 110-102 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies, lining up an equally-ridiculous stat line of 37 PTS (13/23 FG), 6 REBS, 4 ASTS, and 3 STLS. Go ahead and grab your tickets to hop on the nearest Bulls’ hype train
- No need for a diss track here – Damian Lillard let his game do the talking, pouring 35 points on the Sacramento Kings, including a shot from the logo. As salty Paul George once said, “That’s a bad shot”
- A noticeably more aggressive LeBron James had 32 PTS, 7 REBS, and 10 ASTS in just 31 MINS of action to lead the Lakers past the Jazz 95-86. Looks pretty washed up to me
Quirks of the Night
- Triple-Double Alert! Marc Gasol had 3 TO and 2 PF in a loss against the Boston Celtics, which turned out to be triple and double the points (1!!) he had, respectively. His total stat line over the first two games of the season: 7 PTS & 7 PF
- Foul play – 4/5 of the Suns’ starting lineup had 5 or more fouls, with 3 of those 4 fouling out (Kelly Oubre Jr., Aron Baynes, Ricky Rubio). I think it’s safe to say their next practice may be full of defensive slides
- Mike Conley certainly has Jazz fans scratching their heads right now, as he had another poor game with 13 PTS and 4 TO on 3/11 shooting. Through his first two games with the Jazz, he is shooting 4/27 from the field for an abysmal 14.8%. If this is who Mike is, I don’t want to be “Like Mike”
- Woman next to LeBron – Mysterious lady who appeared on the ESPN telecast for the Lakers-Jazz game, and was sitting next to LeBron on the Laker bench. Oddly enough, instead of trying to take a selfie or talk to him, she remained on her phone and kept her head down. What could possibly have been so interesting on her phone?
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- Jamal Murray made Devin Booker look helpless, as Booker toppled to the ground on a nice move from Murray. Of course, the highlight is only complete because Murray drilled the midrange jumper afterwards
- Who runs NYC? Kyrie Irving made sure the answer to that question was the Brooklyn Nets, as he knocked down a tough, side-step 3-pointer that proved to be the dagger in the ever-hurting soul for the New York Knicks