Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, the TDC’s Morning Announcements gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 10/28/2019 as reported by Sam Shin, video by Jerin Varghese
Aced the Evening
- Joel Embiid showed fans why many may think he’s in the MVP race, dropping 36 PTS, 13 REBS, 5 ASTS, 3 STLS, and 1 BLK in a 105-103 victory over the Atlanta Hawks. He also had the highlight of the night, putting John Collins on a poster and them shimmying in Collins’ face
- 30 for 30 – Kawhi Leonard had 30 PTS, 7 REBS, 6 ASTS, 2 STLS, and 3 BLKS in only 30 minutes to propel the Clippers to a 111-96 win over the upstart Hornets. It seems like order has been restored in Clipper Nation after the stunning loss to the Suns
- Through the Jazz’s impressive offseason, it seemed like this player’s addition to the team was overshadowed by that of Mike Conley. That guy is Bojan Bogdanovic, who led the Jazz with 29 PTS (8/13 FG, 4/8 3PT, 9/9 FT) to a narrow 96-95 victory over the suddenly-brimming-with-confidence Phoenix Suns
- New York Knicks’ forward Bobby Portis had a standout performance against the Chicago Bulls, recording 28 PTS (10/14 FG, 4/4 3PT) and 11 REBS. Well, at least if you sign multiple power forwards, at least ONE of them is bound to show up on nights like these…right?
Quirk of the Night
- Free-Throw Forty: James Harden had a game-high 40 points to lead the Rockets to a 116-112 win over the Thunder. 21 of his 40 came from the free throw line, which was 4 more free throws than the ENTIRE Thunder team made combined.
- What a Con Man! Mike Conley looks nothing like the version the Jazz had expected with the team, scoring 1 point in 20 minutes against the Suns. Over his first four games with the Jazz, he has a COMBINED 31 points on 9/45 shooting for an abysmal 20% from the field
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- Fred VanVleet may be convicted of stealing because he absolutely snatched Markelle Fultz’s ankles on a nasty crossover. Yes, he finished the highlight.
- Richaun Holmes of the Sacramento Kings now owns two more pieces of property, as he had two monster poster dunks in the Kings’ narrow loss to the Denver Nuggets. As long as he doesn’t meet Jarrett Allen…