Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, the TDC’s Morning Announcements gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
NBA Date: 10/29/2019 as reported by Sam Johnson, video by Jerin Varghese
Aced the Evening
- Despite a brief locker room scare (re-taped shoulder), Anthony Davis makes light work of the Grizzlies as he amassed 40 points and 20 rebounds in only 31 minutes – the fewest in NBA history for a 40-20 (per https://www.basketball-reference.com)
- John Collins drained a career high five three pointers in an attempt to fill in Trae Young’s shoes as the Hawks lose to the Heat
- Tyler Herro – continued to impress with an uber-efficient 29 points on just 9 FGAs (90.4 TS%!) helping the Heat move to 3-1 on the season
Quirks of the Night
- The Dallas Mavericks had 9 out of their 10 players (where you at Dwight Powell?) finish between 10 and 14 points in their 109-106 victory over Denver. Who says HeroBall is taking over…
- Grayson Allen suffered a -36 +/- in a mere 21 minutes of action as the Memphis bench unit got rolled in their defeat against the Lakers
- Trae Young’s ankle did us no favors yesterday as we lost one of the most exciting watches in the league when he rolled it early in the first half and did not return (early reports suggest two weeks on the sidelines)
- A couple more ankles needed work after Tuesday’s games as Tyrone Wallace got dropped after Jimmy Butler crossed him into what our researchers can confirm is the first 540° ankle-breaker recorded in NBA history.
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- LeBron James sent a food truck to a group of first responders to the Getty Fire in light of scare he and his family had with the California fires. Then, Lebron had the whole crowd chanting “Taco Tuesday” during the Lakers blowout victory
- Luka Doncic left us awestruck after splitting the defense with an underhanded scoop dime to Maxi Kleber for a dunk. Will Barton nods in agreement