Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, TDC’s The Tip Off gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 11/7/2019 as reported by Jerin Varghese
- Death, Taxes, and the San Antonio
- Allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is Gordon AKA the $128 million man! It was Cardiac Kemba’s return to the Queen City, but Gordon Hayward stole the show with 14 first quarter points and a final line of 20 points, 10 boards, and 6 assists. This performance comes on the heels of his 39-point performance against the Cavs on Tuesday. Jayson Tatum also chipped in with 23 points in an easy 108-87 win for the Celtics over the Hornets.
- Things were looking good in Phoenix until Jimmy G Buckets showed up to town. The Suns had their 3 game winning streak snapped courtesy of a 33-point performance from Butler (30 in the first half).
Quirks of the Night
- When you think Lou Williams, you think shot caller not shot blocker. On this night, “Sweet Lou” let the Blazers know to think twice before attempting a shot in his direction with 3 blocks.
- The three leaders in minutes played in the Blazers-Clippers game? CJ McCollum, Damian Lillard, and Kawhi Leonard. Their numbers from the field? An identical 9-23. Spoooky.
- “Hey Charlotte, you don’t need Kemba. Scary Terry is here to save the day!” That message may have worked prior to the season. However, Terry Rozier failed to deliver on this night with more turnovers (4) than points scored (3) on a horrid 1/11 from the night.
- Last night, the Clippers wore their Buffalo Braves alternate uniforms. The uniforms served as a reminder of how extremely boring the current Clippers digs are. Please continue rocking the alternates until the Clippers can get a day-to-day kit with some flavor.
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- A Reddit user did a thing and analyzed James Harden’s performance vs opponent’s “nightlife.”
- Cody Martin gave the Spectrum Center crowd something to cheer for with this poster dunk all over the TimeLord.
- Shaq absolutely went OFF on what he considered a low-effort first-half from Hassan Whiteside.
- Jimmy Butler did not want to share the shine after the game.