Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, TDC’s The Tip Off gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 11/14/2019 as reported by Jerin Varghese
- Beard gets buckets. That’s the story in Houston and it’s not changing anytime soon. James Harden put up another 49 PTS in leading the Rockets to a 125-100 win over the Wolves. Harden’s current PPG average? 39.5 (sheeeesh)
- Great weather, beautiful beaches, and load maintenance? All perks of living in
LaLaClipper Land. Paul George only needed 20 mins to put up 37 points on 10/17 shooting in a 150-109 rout over Atlanta. George chipped in 4 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals in his limited action.
- Lottery teams can have fun too! The Hornets and Knicks played a thriller in MSG in which Charlotte came out on top, 103-102, thanks to a Devonte Graham game winning three. The game winner was Graham’s 9th three of the night and capped off a 29-point performance.
Quirks of the Night
- 31 minutes played. 16 rebounds. 2 shots attempted. Well, Isaiah Hartenstein certainly knows his role.
- James Harden put up 22 three-point attempts to bring his league leading average to 14.6 three pointers attempted per game. That puts him on pace for 1197 attempts which would shatter the previous record of 1028 attempts (James Harden, last year).
- We have the Splash Brothers in Oakland and the Brick Brothers in Indiana. I am referring to TJ Warren (6/21) and Aaron Holiday (5/18).
- Never a good thing when you have as many turnovers as minutes played. Unfortunately, Jordan Bell did just that — 3 turnovers in 3 minutes played.
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- Giannis must have seen Lebron’s poster from the night before and thought, “Whatever you can do, I can do better.”
- Double feature! Giannis says no.
- Norman Powell will not be receiving an invite to the Skills Challenge.
- This Monmouth player’s decision to go full villain and steal the ball in garbage time.