Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, TDC’s The Tip Off gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 11/21/2019 as reported by Joe Tevelowitz, video by Jerin Varghese
- Were there basketball games last night? Yes. Did Giannis Antetokounmpo play in a basketball game last night? Yes. Will Giannis appear on the Honor Roll? You’re daaaaammn right. Despite shooting 9/27 from the field, the Greek Freak put up a freakish triple double of 24 PTS, 19 REBS, 15 ASTS to lead the Bucks to a 137-129 win over the Portland Trailblazers. Eric Bledsoe also got in on the action with a team high 30 PTS to go along with his 4 REBS and 6 ASTS on the night.
- Despite the loss, CJ McCollum was still getting buckets, scoring a game-high 37 PTS to go with his 6 REBS and 10 ASTS on the evening.
- Brandon Ingram was one of three Pelicans players to score 20+ in New Orleans’ 124-121 win over the Suns. Ingram continued to take over games with his 28 PTS, 8 REBS, 5 ASSTS, while JJ Redick added 26 PTS on 10/14 shooting, and Jrue Holiday chipped in with a healthy 23 PTS, 9 ASTS, 3 STLS.
Quirks of the Night
- Not necessarily deserving of Honor Roll treatment, but Carmelo Anthony got some buckets of his own, finishing with 18 PTS, 7 REBS, 4 ASTS in the Blazers’ loss.
- Mario Hezonja finds himself back on the bench with Melo in town, and he made the most, sorry the least, of his game action last night, picking up four fouls and grabbing only one board in 10 minutes of play.
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- Carmelo Anthony knows that board men get paid in this league, and made sure nobody encroached on his bag.
- Bucks pre game shenanigans.
- White men can’t?
- 2 games, 2 attempts by Melo to poster someone that have been denied