Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, TDC’s The Tip Off gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night.
On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 11/26/2019 as reported by Sam Johnson, video by Jerin Varghese
- Although he only put in a half day (24 MIN), Nikola Jokic racked up 20 boards in the Nuggets victory over Washington last night. Must be the hops.
- The Clippers won handily over the upstart Mavericks, running their winning streak to six games and improved to 3-0 with Paul George and Kawhi Leonard both in the lineup. Despite the Clips slow start, I think we’re going to see an LA-LA combo atop the West in short order.
- JJ Barea was one of the lone bright spots for the Mavericks as he scored 12 points in just 16 minutes and finished a +5, even with Dallas losing the game by 15. There’s just something about little spark plugs off the bench that crowds just can’t get enough of.
Quirk of the Night
- Jordan McRae had 21 points off the bench for Washington last night, the best scoring night of his career since guest starring in the 2016 Cavs season finale (Kyrie, LBJ, Love all sat out) where he had an out of nowhere 36!
- The NBA scheduling department only gave us two lonely games on this night. I recognize the draw to have the majority of teams play on the eve of Turkey Day, but I think they missed the mark tonight.
- A rare cameo for Luka Doncic in this section as he left without speaking to the media after the game after 7 turnovers and going 0/8 from downtown.
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- Kristaps Porzingis showed up to the arena rocking a Bobi T-Shirt. The 7’3” Latvian proved that Boban is one of the select few people that he truly looks up to. Also, did we mention? Yesterday marked the debut of the Logo Latvian.
- The Mavericks’ City edition jerseys debuted and there were pretty mixed reviews. I couldn’t shake the feeling that their jerseys were precisely the attire you rock when entering a laser tag room.