Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, TDC’s The Tip Off gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 12/3/2019 as reported by Jerin Varghese
- The top spot in the Honor Roll: None other than the Spurs’ Lonnie Walker IV. You might be wondering how Walker takes the top spot when there was a 50 point scorer on the night? Well, I personally like to reward wins over stats (No, I am not a 60 year old who constantly preaches about how the NBA was better back in my day). Walker solely outscored the whole Rockets team, 19-18, in the 4th quarter as the Spurs came back from down 16 in the 4th before eventually winning 135-133 in double OT.
- The aforementioned 50 point scorer? None other than James Harden. The Beard had 50 points on 11/38 shooting (24/24 from the line) and added in 9 boards and 6 assists. Harden has now scored 50+ on three occasions and 40+ nine times.
- Paul George and Montrezl Harrell combined to help the Clippers blow out the Blazers 117-97. George had 25 points (6 treys) while Harrell added in 26 points (11/13 shooting from the field). Bonus points for those who watched: The Clippers were rocking their Buffalo Braves throwbacks that are eons better than their regular uniforms.
Quirks of the Night
- 45 minutes of perfection for Clint Capela. The Swiss Sensation did not miss a single shot (9/9) from the field during the Rockets loss.
- We at the Tip Off love our hustle stats and that’s exactly what Jakob Poetl delivered last night. Poetl had as many stocks (1 steal, 5 blocks) as points.
- NBA refs who missed this blatant bucket for the Rockets:
- Russell Westbrook, whose 7/30 shooting performance will do nothing to dissuade the WestBrick haters.
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- James Harden responds to the haters.
- LBJ takeoff