Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, TDC’s The Tip Off gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 12/11/2019 as reported by Jerin Varghese
- BOGDAN WITH THE TROIKA! The Kings have played 2 games this week and both have been heart pounding one-point affairs with a Serbian national delivering a game winner. Bogdan Bogdanovic’s final 3 points capped off a 17 point performance and a Kings 94-93 win over the Thunder.
- James Harden is breaking scoring in the modern NBA. The Beard scored 55 points on 20/34 shooting (10/18 from 3) and led the Rockets to a six point victory over the Cavs. The most notable part about Harden’s 55 may be that only 5 of those points came from the charity stripe. For those keeping track, that’s Harden’s fourth 50 point game of the year and tenth 40+ point performance.
- Devonte Graham is a star. The 34th pick in the 2018 draft has been on a tear, and went off for a career-high 40 points Wednesday night. Doubly impressive, the 40 points were part of a Hornets’ 20 point comeback in which they defeated the Nets, 113-108.
Quirks of the Night
- The Magic scored a season-low 9 points in the first quarter against the Lakers. The only other single point quarter this season? The Grizzlies (8 points) against the Magic (of course) in an early November matchup.
- Devonte Graham’s shooting splits – After last night’s outburst, Graham is shooting 43% from three but only 41% overall from the field.
- The Hawks needed a bounce-back win after blowing a six point lead in the final minute Tuesday against the Heat. That did not happen last night. Instead, the Hawks were blown out 136-102 by the Bulls and fell to 6-19 on the season. To make it even uglier, the Hawks were outscored 78-42 in the paint.
- Serge Ibaka: 20 minutes played, 8 shots taken, zero points scored. At least, he got to see his old friend Kawhi last night!
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- Aaron Baynes reportedly texted LeBron, “How do I get a tape wiped from existence?” after this poster courtesy of Ja Morant. Nah, we’re just kidding – Baynes doesn’t have LeBron’s number!
- Kawhi Leonard made his return to Toronto and the Raptors welcomed him with a quite memorable video: