Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, TDC’s The Tip Off gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 12/12/2019 as reported by Joe Tevelowitz, video by Jerin Varghese
- The King of the Trolls trolled the Boston Celtics as Joel Embiid scored the most points in Boston by a Sixer since 2005 with his 38 PTS to go along with 13 REBS and 6 ASTS in Philadelphia’s 115-109 win over the Boston Celtics. Embiid iced the game with a block, while Kemba Walker put up 29 PTS, 8 ASTS in the losing effort.
- Luka Doncic returns to the Honor Roll with another honorable performance, putting up a triple-double of 41 PTS, 12 REBS, 11 ASTS and getting some help from Seth Curry’s 30 PTS on 6-of-9 three-point shooting in a 122-111 win for the Mavs over the Detroit Pistons (part of the NBA’s Mexico City Games).
- Kevin Love, doing his best trade audition, tied the game with a three in regulation after some crucial missed free throws from DeMar DeRozan that would have sealed the Spurs victory. Love finished with 30 PTS, 17 REBS as the Cavs went on to win 117-109 in overtime.
Quirks of the Night
- The overtime game for the San Antonio Spurs was their third straight game going into an extra period — a first in franchise history. The Spurs went 2-1 in the OT trilogy.
- Luka Doncic’s triple-double was his eighth of the season and he became the youngest player ever with two 40+ point triple-doubles in the same season.
- Semi Ojeleye spent 24 minutes on the court, picking up two personal fouls and zero points in the Celtics loss.
- Andre Drummond needs an improved avocado guy, after nearly missing a game due to an allergic reaction to avocados. Drummond powered through the guacamole-related injury to finished with 23 PTS, 15 REBS, 3 STLS in the loss.
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis put together a little tribute to D-Wade/LeBron.
- Luka Doncic y Blake Griffin es muy ha-ha!