Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, TDC’s The Tip Off gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 12/23/2019 as reported by Jerin Varghese
- Triple Double for “The Minivan”! Nikola Jokic continued to silence his early season doubters with 22 PTS, 12 REBS, and 10 ASTS in a 112-110 win for the Nuggets over the Suns. This triple double was monumental as Jokic passed Bob Cousy to gain sole possession of the tenth spot on the all-time triple double list with 34.
- 11 games on the night, but the only 40+ point performance belonged to LaMarcus Aldridge. The Spurs and especially Aldridge scored at will against the Grizzlies as they put up 145 points in a 30-point blowout.
- The third spot in the Honor Roll belongs to the defensive anchors of the Heat and Jazz, respectively: Bam Adebayo and Rudy Gobert. Adebayo stuffed the stat sheet with 18 PTS, 6 AST, 12 REBS and added in 5 stocks. Gobert was not as diverse but was still impressive with 18 PTS, 20 REBS, and 5 BLKS. Most importantly, the Heat came away with the 107-104 win.
- Half the Wizards roster was out or suspended for Monday’s match up against the Knicks. Who would step up to be Bradley Beal’s sidekick on this day? If you guessed Troy Brown Jr., well ding ding ding! You’re correct. Brown had a career high 26 PTS and 9 REBS, along with 7 ASTS off the bench and helped the Wiz earn the 121-115 win over the Knicks.
Quirks of the Night
- The Stock King continues to do his thing. Jonathan Isaac had 7 stocks (3 steals, 4 blocks) to bring his season total to 110.
- Gary Payton II did a little something that his pops never did:
- Demar Derozan was nearly perfect against the Grizz: 10/11 from the field and 6/6 from the line.
- When will the losing stop? Timberwolves with 11 straight L’s and Hawks close behind with 8 straight.
- Admiral Schofield made his first career start on Monday night. Trust me when I say this pass won’t make the career highlight reel:
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- Rockets social media with some SALT for the Kings after the win:
- Stepback J for the W for Jamal Murray:
- Derrick Jones is NOT receiving an invite to Rudy Gobert’s Christmas party:
- Uncle Dennis vs the CBA: