Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, TDC’s The Tip Off gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 1/23/2020 as reported by Jerin Varghese
- The Blazers fell 133-125 to the Mavericks, but Damian Lillard literally could not have done more to help his team. Lillard put up 47 PTS on 16/28 shooting with 8 threes (with quite a few of the treys coming from ridiculous depths). Unfortunately, the only help Dame got on this night was from the newly acquired Trevor Ariza who put up 21 PTS of his own. The pair’s efforts were not enough, as the Blazers as a whole decided not to participate on the defensive end for much of the game and especially in the first quarter when they gave up 45 points.
- LeBron James and the Lakers looked a bit sluggish two nights ago against the Knicks, but were completely rejuvenated for the match up in Brooklyn against the Nets (maybe its because the King knew he’ be seeing an old friend). LBJ put up the 27 PTS/12 REBS/10 ASTS triple double and the Lakers easily defeated the NEts 128-113.
- Shoutouts to all these guys for being chosen as All-Star Game Starters.
Quirks of the Night
- The Dallas Mavericks are a team of snipers – six players on the team made at least 3 threes against the Blazers.
- Continuing on the downtown theme: The Blazers and Mavs tied an NBA record with 43 combined made threes.
- Players are clearly making a mockery of the voting process for the All Star game as Kevin Durant (0 games played), John Wall (0 games played), and Miye Oni (hello, who are you?) all received votes.
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- Kyle Kuzma – My Man!!
- COLLIN SEXTON. WOOOOW.