Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, TDC’s The Tip Off gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 2/21/2020 as reported by Jerin Varghese
- The Phoenix Suns probably spent the All-Star break talking themselves up about how they could make a second half run for the 8th seed. Well, “Spicy” Pascal Siakam decided to shut down those hopes in the first game back after the break. Siakam had 37 PTS/12 REBS/3 BLKS and led the Raptors to a 118-101 victory over the Suns.
- The theme of today’s Honor Roll is more of the same and participant number two is Luka Doncic. Luka had a near triple-double with 33 PTS/10 REBS/8 ASTS in the Mavs’ 122-106 victory over the Magic. Kristaps Porzingis also continues to shine for the Mavs, as he delivered a nice 24 PTS/10 REBS/5 BLKS line.
- More of the same? That means more LeBron James and more Anthony Davis. The King had a ho-hum 32 PTS and 7 ASTS and AD had 28 PTS/13 REBS/7 BLKS in the victory over the upstart Grizz.
- I need to start hearing more MVP ballot love for Chris Paul. The expected-to-be-lottery-bound Thunder currently sit 12 games above .500 and are comfortably playoff-bound, and CP3 is the biggest reason for this success. Paul had 28 PTS and 4 REBS in leading his Thunder to a 113-101 victory over the Nuggets on Friday.
Quirks of the Night
- Triple threat Danny Green? Green had 3 PTS/3 REBS/3 ASTS/3 STLS/3 FGA against the Grizzlies.
- Bradley Beal’s “Scorched Earth All-Star Snub” tour got off to a tough start with a 9 for 28 shooting performance and a loss against the lowly Cavaliers.
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- However, Bradley Beal did put Andre Drummond on a poster:
- If you don’t box out the Bald Eagle, you will pay!
- Kelly Oubre thought and Serge Ibaka denied: