- It’s not often we get to put the Knicks on the honor roll but today is the day! In 28 minutes the Knicks big man Mitchell Robinson put up 23 points (career-high) on 11 of 16 from the field, along with 10 boards and 2 blocks. It would really behoove the Knicks if they gave this young man some more minutes. I mean could he be playing any worse than the players before him? Congrats young fella!
- Just when it looked like the Memphis Grizzlies were going to wrap up the 8th seed and give it away to one of the other teams in the West fighting for a spot, we were treated to a wonderful performance from the young Memphis duo. Ja Morant and Dillon Brooks combined for 51 of the Grizzlies 105 points in their 17 point win against the West-leading Lakers. A Laker team with both Bron and AD playing might I add. Throw in a key 20-20 game from Jonas Valanciunas and it looks like the Grizzlies are heading in the right direction.
- I know it’s quite easy to forget, but the San Antonio Spurs still exist. They played team ball (of course) which led to SEVEN different players in double figures in a close win against the Magic. While they haven’t been very good or Spurs-like this season lady luck may be on their side when you see how they won last night’s game. They’re still only 3.5 games out of the 8 seed. Anything is possible with pop!
Quirks of the Night
- The Houston Rockets traded away Clint Capela at the trade deadline. Everyone mocked them for how small their small ball lineups were really going to be. Some have even called it micro ball. Well in the Rockets game against the Celtics, the Rockets secured 12 offensive rebounds. 6 of them alone by PJ Tucker who was just out-hustling the entire Celtics team by himself. The offense opens up without a big clogging up the paint which gives Russell more room to drive. He ended up with 41 points on 16-27 shooting.
- The Portland Trailblazers have lost 3 straight and six of the last seven. That places them 9 games under .500. The Blazers have been hit with injuries maybe more than any team in the league. So in a situation like this, it seems like they need as many people as they can to step up right? Well how about nobody off the bench even playing 19 minutes? Hard for anybody to get in rhythm like that.
NBA Twitter Table Talk
If Jayson is off, Jaylen is on
Trevor Ariza is getting too old for this stuff
Ja really is FEARLESS