Miss your NBA fix last night? In three minutes or less, TDC’s The Tip Off gives you the brief rundown of the standout stat lines, exciting finishes and some rarities that went down on the hardwood last night. On a busy evening where you miss the live action and/or the scintillating thrill of the NBA Twitter scrolling, we have done the work for you and compiled notable lines and events.
Spend three minutes reading this every day to keep up with the Association and have enough knowledge and nuggets to be in the loop with casual fans as well as the ability to toss out a few specific stats and oddities an avid fan may have missed.
B-ball Date: 3/6/2020 as reported by James Garcia
- Caris LeVert is really finding his groove right now. He destroyed the Spurs in a 139-120 victory with his first career triple double where he scored 27 points, 11 boards, and 10 assists. Not only did he do so efficiently, he only had two turnovers. He’s an interesting player to keep your eye on, it looks like he’s leveling up in front of our eyes.
- Maybe you’ve forgotten about the “Point God” Chris Paul. Well let me make sure that you don’t. CP3 is in like his 1500th year in the league and he’s still playing 30 minutes a night which lead the team in a blowout win over the Knicks 126-103 friday night. Paul scored 21 points and had 12 assists. He’s still got it folks.
- Aron “All of Australia” “The Big Banger” Baynes had himself the night of his life and we here at TDC will acknowledge that because we love Aron. With a dominant 37 points and 16 rebounds Baynes led the Suns to a victory over the Blazers with a score of 127-117. The big story here is Baynes shot 9-14 from deep after starting 5-5 after the 1st quarter. I would not be happy if i left out the fact that Booker had 12 assists in this game. People say he’s just a scorer but are real quiet about these types of games.
Quirk of the Night
- Duncan Robinson can still shoot the damn ball. Friday night he set the single-season record for most threes made by a player who went undrafted with 226 threes. At the rate he’s going, he’ll have 300 by the time you finish reading this sentence.
- I would like to see Jarrett Culver become consistently more aggressive on offense for the Wolves. Yes they have Malik Beasley and Jordan McLaughlin who have both been playing amazing since the trade deadline, but Culver coming on would really help their offense stay afloat when one of either DLo or KAT is out or having an off game.
- I really really wanted to put Jim Boylen here AGAIN. So I am. Jim Boylen. Coby White rules.
NBA Twitter Table Talk
- If you watch this video, you’re instantly an Aron Baynes fan
- Probably a perfect place to insert a crazy dunk video, but not enough love is given to Zion’s soft touch around the rim and body control. I mean just look at this
- Imagine someone tells you LeBron has no moves
- The Celtics offense when Brown and Gordon are hurt